iPad iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBookstore, where you can download the latest best-selling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.
Unlike a paper book — or ebooks on other devices — you can tailor iPad iBooks to suit the way you read. Turn iPad to the portrait orientation to view a single page. Or view two pages at once by rotating it to landscape. Change the text size or even the font. Touch and hold any word to look it up in the built-in dictionary or Wikipedia, or to search for it throughout the book and on the web.
Tips: If you want to know more information about iPad iBooks feature, please click here.
iPad iBooks and the iBookstore FAQ
Where can I find the iPad iBooks app?
You can download the iBooks app for free from the App Store on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.1
What are the requirements to use iPad iBooks?
- You can use iBooks on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4 or later.
- An iTunes Store account is required to download from the iBookstore.
- iBooks uses books published in the ePub format.
- To add ePub files from outside the iBookstore to iBooks, they must be DRM-free and synced to your device using iTunes 9.2 or later.
How do I access the iBookstore?
- Tap the iBooks icon and your bookshelf appears.
- In the upper corner, tap the Store button and the bookshelf flips around to reveal the iBookstore.
- From the iBookstore, you can browse books by title, author, or genre. You can also view featured books as well as books available on the New York Times best-seller lists.
- Tap on a book to see more details and read a sample. When you buy a book it automatically appears on your iBooks bookshelf.
Are book samples from the iBookstore downloaded to my iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch?
Yes, when you tap Get Sample for a book in the iBookstore, iBooks will download a portion of the book to your bookshelf. You can read this sample and download the complete book from the last page of the sample. Once you purchase the full book, the sample will be replaced in your bookshelf with the complete book.
How large are typical books from the iBookstore?
The typical book is about 2MB. Books that contain enhanced audio or video will vary in size depending on the content. Enhanced books may take longer to download or require a Wi-Fi connection to purchase.
Can I download books from other websites?
Yes, you can download freely available ePub files on your Mac or PC. Using iTunes 9.2 or later, add them to your iTunes library choosing File > Add to Library, or drag the ePub file to the Books library on your computer. To read these books, simply sync them to your device.
Tips: To download books for your iPad, you can go to the free iPad books download center, which allows you to access thousands of eBooks, comic books, and newspapers and download them straight to iPads - without having to pay a cent for any downloads!
More information here: