iPad Video Format
iPad - is now the hottest tablet computer from Apple. The 9.7-inch high-resolution screen makes iPad perfect for watching HD movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, and more. However, the video formats supported by the iPad are relatively limited compared to the number of formats available on the market. So what is iPad supported video format?
Read this tutorial to learn what is iPad supported video & audio format:
iPad Supported Video Format
- H.264 video (up to 720p, 30 frames per second; main profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats)
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format .
iPad Supported Audio Format
- AAC (16 to 320 Kbps); protected AAC (from iTunes Store)
- MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR
- Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4)
- Apple Lossless
- AIFF; WAV
iPad Supported TV Format
- Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter;
- 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable;
- 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable.
As a simple guide, the best iPad video format is the .mp4 or h.264 video format. So if you want to play other video format on you iPad, you should convert them to the iPad supported format first.
To download iPad videos, here we highly recommend you Streamdirect Movies which has a large database of 80 million movies from every genre! With it, you can watch everything you’ve ever wanted and more right on your iPad! Join and download videos to your iPad immediately!